Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 23, 2009

Witch's Brooms and Cemeteries

Hello Sweet Readers!

Well, it's Harvest Time and time for parties at school for the boys. I made these little witch's broom cookies for my youngest son's class. It was funny to see the kids' reactions. Some immediately knew it was a broom; others said, "It's not a broom, it's a lollipop." And they were unwavering in their insistence of it, let me tell you. First graders know what they know and they will let you know it, too!
I found the recipe in on e of the little Betty Crocker Fall mini cookbooks in the dollar section at Target. There are a few really cute recipes in there! Check it out if you go. It's definitely worth a buck!
On a completely different note, here are a couple photos of my sweet hubby and me on my other son's field trip (to a really cool old cemetery!). I have been playing with Picnik a bit and trying out their collaging and antiquing elements. Not sure if I've got it down yet. I'm sure you'll see more of my experiments, so feel free to give me any tips if you so desire!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Judy said...

how incredibly cute and creative!! =)

Rylan @ Art and Appetite said...

What a neat idea! I would have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin