Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

POPCORN CUPCAKES!

Hi Sweet Readers~!
I know a few of you like savory over sweet. Well, here ya go! :) I made these "popcorn cupcakes" for my son's birthday. I also brought them to church for a movie night the same night. People were a little confused at first, I think! They are actually mini cupcakes topped with frosting and little popcorn kernels I made by dissecting one small marshmallow in thirds, fanning it out and then gluing it to a whole one with frosting. Not to hard...just a little time consuming when you have to make about 250 individual popcorn kernels! They were fun and my son enjoyed them as did the moviegoers!

Have a great Tuesday (that will no doubt feel like a Monday if your kiddos were off yesterday)!

10 comments:

dkick said...

No way. Those are just so stinkin' cute. Happy birthday to Jack - hope it was fun. I'm sure everyone loved these cute cupcakes! What will you think of next? wow. very nice.

rachel haines said...

those are SO CUTE!!! they really look like popcorn!!!

Anonymous said...

you blow me away! you really are gifted...i hope you know that. I am so very impressed. Not just with these, but all your yummy sweets and creations. I love the photos you take, too! very awesome!

Unknown said...

This is the cutest idea! I love it, what a sweet treat to go with a movie themed night! I wish I had seen this before last night's Oscars, they would have been perfect to munch while we watched! So cute. -e

Unknown said...

These are too cute also. You are very talented!!!

Cynthia

mădălina said...

Hey,

How did you actually make the popcorn kernels? I see mini marshmallows, and icing... is that all?

- Madalina

candybuttonsareyummy said...

WOW! I'm browsing through all your posts and you are absolutely amazing. all of your cupcakes look too cute to eat, but at the same time are making my mouth water. you're very talented!

Anonymous said...

The popcorn cupcakes look so awesome! Love them!

Ashley said...

These cupcakes are adorable! I am obsessed! Great job

CUPCAKE LOVE said...

Love it!!! Im 13 years old can someone see my blog and suscribe ( just if you want )please.?! thanks!!! :D x
http://thesugar-corner.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin