Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rosey Cake


Hello Sweet Readers~

Here is a cake I made awhile back when I was playing with (i.e. practicing) buttercream roses. On this carrot cake are many different kinds of frosting roses. I would love a tried and true recipe on the perfect, totally tasty frosting rose. I found during this experiment that the frosting I liked the best didn't fare to well with making the roses because it was too soft and didn't hold the shape. The best one for shaping had shortening in it and I am not a fan of that taste-wise. If you happen to have a fab frosting that makes fab looking roses (note here that I will someday get the technique itself perfected..I hope), please let me know! I would love to try it out. If you are local, I will make you a cupcake for it :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin