Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Martha Stewart Cupcake Club # 2: Zucchini Spice Cupcakes


Hi Sweet Readers!

Well, it's the 15th and that means it is time for the next recipe for the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club! Yeah! The choice this month is from Tracey over at Tracey's Culinary Adventures. Being the sweet purist that I am, I was wondering what these would be like. Would they be more like zucchini bread or truly like a sweet cupcake. In the end, they really are like both.Here are all the ingredients, minus the eggs and flour. The recipe was pretty simple and I didn't even use my KitchenAide.
The yummy mixture! It smelled like fall in my house..and I'm not quite ready for all yet. Give me my one last week of summer! But it did smell good...
And even better when they came out of the oven! BTW, check out my very cute oven mitt given to me by a good friend. She got it at Anthropologie. Love that store! But I digress...
Here's the finished product, with just enough of the cream cheese frosting.

It was very moist and extremely flavorful. The crumb was just like that of good zucchini bread.

The taste? It was very good, but not like your typical cupcake. Just saying this so you don't expect something you may not be getting. With the cream cheese frosting, it did make it a little sweeter, but to me, it was like a very sweet bread. Again, yummy, but not your go-to cupcake if you are needing a fix. You know what I mean.

Check out http://mscclub.blogspot.com/ for the list of other bakers who are doing this same challenge!

7 comments:

k.a.r.e.n said...

These were indeed very easy to put together. Yours look fantastic.

Glory said...

Very nice post. I love hearing recipe reviews. Looks delicious, but like you said, I'd have trouble calling it a true cupcake.

Nina said...

looks good!

Elizabeth D. said...

Gosh, I think I'm the only one who used my Kitchen Aid! Though I didn't actually need to, I just love the darn thing. Your cupcakes look great!

Judy said...

i thought these cupcakes were great! soooo delicious~! your frosting looks so smooth and creamy. yuuuum!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for baking along with me this week Lisa! I loved how easy this recipe was too. Your cupcakes look terrific and I think your description is spot on!

betty geek said...

Look at the zucchini green specks inside your cupcakes! AWESOME!

Mine looked and tasted like muffins. Oh well.

Thanks for baking along with us this month!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin