Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Funky Fun Cake and Happy Birthday Elisabeth and Brady!



Happy Summer, Sweet Readers!

Here is a cake I made for a small church potluck a couple weeks ago. It's a hazelnut cake with nutella whipped cream filling and vanilla buttercream. I made these cool carmelized hazelnuts to top it and make it somewhat funky. I have to say, they were fun to make, but they really made a mess of my kitchen. I got the idea from the new Martha Stewart "Cupcakes" cookbook. I couldn't resist making them after seeing her photo. I will do them again on cupcakes, but I will take better care to protect my kitchen, that's for sure.

The cake and filling recipe is from my "Whimsical Bakehouse" Cookbook. It was delicious and a huge hit. I have to make this again. The flavor was spectacular and it was very moist. The whipped cream was light, but the Nutella really set it off.

On a personal note, today I wish my niece Elisabeth and my good buddy Brady very special birthdays. I love you both very much!

1 comment:

alice said...

A beautiful cake! The Nutella whipped cream filling sounds delisious.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin