Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Review--Blackmarket Bakery

Hello Sweet Readers! I hope your week has started off well. I wanted to share a bit about a little out of the way place in Costa Mesa, CA (in Orange County). It's called Blackmarket Bakery. You can see the unassuming ship above and the not-so-unassuming car below...
The shop in is a business park near the Orange County Airport. It's actually near another fabulous find..in scrapbooking. My favorite scrapbooking store of all time is right around the corner. I found "Scrapbook Oasis" a few years ago while visiting family and that is just the best store. Now that I am also baking, I found this and was so pleased! I grew up in Orange County and this is now smack dab in between my MIL's home and my mom's home. How very convenient, huh? :)
Anyhow, back to the review..my husband and I went one morning on one of our Southern California trips before visiting my mom. They were very friendly and helpful. The shop is very small and they are actually only open for retail business on a limited basis, but you can see the kitchen and all the magic going on in there. We were even offered some samples that were very delicious. They use all natural ingredients and really pride themselves on being unique. Check out their website: http://www.blackmarketbakery.com/cakes.html.

We ordered the blackberry almond brioch and an apricot cranberry scone. There is no place to sit and eat there so we went around the corner and got our fix of Starbucks with which to enjoy our treasures.
They both looked so delicious and they lived up to their good looks. I ended up liking my husband's choice (the brioche) more (as is typically the case when we choose different things), and so he graciously let me eat most of it. What a great hubby, huh? Anyhow, I would definately recommend visiting them if you live in the area or are going to Orange County. Some day, I have to try one of their fun cakes. They just cannot be passed up.

Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin