Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Birthday Tart for My Sweet Husband

Hi Sweet Readers! I have been quite the busy baker these past two weeks. I have taken lots of photos to show you and hope to post them soon, but until then, here is one of the Lemon Tart I made for my sweet hubby's birthday. His birthday was just four days before mine and I told him he could choose any dessert he wanted. He went browsing through "Baking" by Dorie Greenspan, and this beauty caught his eye. It was actually pretty time consuming and interesting to make, but it was well worth it. The curd was a dream. Like she says in the book, it's really the creme de la creme of all lemon tarts because the lemon and the butter are emulsified. This gives it an amazing texture and taste. He was quite happy with it and only wish I had made two!

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin