Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 8, 2008

Cake



Inspired by the beautiful cake artistry of "My Sweet and Saucy", "Bakerella" and "Fields of Cake" (they are so incredibly talented!), I decided to try my hand at decorating a cake with fondant embellishments for a dinner party we went to Saturday night. As far as cakes go, I know I have a long way to go, but they are looking better! There is a lot more to it that a sweet little cuppie! I was mildly pleased with it, and my friends enjoyed it, so that is what counts anyway.

The cake itself was very yummy. It was a very rich, moist three full layer dark chocolate cake filled with orange chocolate whipped ganache. The buttercream was infused with a homemade orange curd. It was an Italian meringue buttercream that was super silky smooth. It was a very tasty cake that went beautifully with the vintage ruby port my hubby picked out to pair it with.

Thanks for checking in! Have a great week, sweet readers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin