Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread Cookies






Hi Sweet Readers! As promised, here are some photos of my baking these past couple weeks. I did a whole bunch of gingerbread cookies and had so much fun doing the decorating. I finished a couple batches and took a peek over at "My Sweet and Saucy". She had some of hers posted and I just had to try some of the techniques. The third and fourth pictures are inspired by her! I love finding fantastic ideas...there is so much talent out there.

Just a note, I made a double batch of the Martha Stewart GB cookies from her "Cookies" cookbook. Not good. They were way too soft and mushy to roll, even after refrigerating and freezing. It's such a bummer, because they smelled great and the batter was yummy, but it's not a good thing when you are trying to cut the shapes and they won't come off the Silpat or parchment paper. I tried another recipe from "Cookie Craft" (Love that book!) and it was much better. Still, the edges weren't as crisp and straight as I like to have them with my sugar cookies. I guess gingerbread just doesn't hold it's shape as well. In any case, they tasted great and I really like how they look - like little works of yummy art!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin