Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Cake With A Toffee Crust

Hi Sweet Readers!
I hope your week is going well so far. It's been crazy over here and I will have much to share with you soon, but for now, I wanted to tempt you with this luscious cinnamon apple cake with an amazing toffee crust. I got the recipe from wonderful Patricia over at Technicolor Kitchen and it was heavenly. Doesn't it look so amazing, too? Well, don't look too closely. I didn't quite bake it enough, so, well, the middle didn't get quite cooked enough. Bummer. The outer pieces were fabulous, though! :)

I have to say in my defense that the reason it was undercooked is because I HATE baked goods that are overcooked. Really, what's the point of dry cake or dry cookies (unless they are meant to be that way and I have a big cup of coffee or tea to enjoy with, say, a biscotti). Anyhow, I always err on the side of under-cooking and sometimes it doesn't end up so well. But again, the outside pieces and top were fabulous and I encourage you to try this recipe. It can be found at
http://technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com/2009/03/apple-cake-with-toffee-crust.html.

Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Toffee crust sounds amazing. It's nice to know you undercooked it though. Your cupcakes are always SO perfect and beautiful, it's nice to hear that you are human and mess up too.

thanks!

Kat said...

This cake...is so beautiful. Omg. I wish I could taste it! I might just have to make my own this summer :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

I'm so glad to hear you like the cake! Thank you for your sweet, kind words.

Love, love, love your photo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin