Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Project 365, Week 4

Hello Sweet Readers,
I have been away from blogging. It has been a very hard week. I will post today and you may not see me for a bit, but I wanted to check in and post these photos from my Project 365, Week 4. I hope you are well. I hope that you are loving those you love with great passion and commitment and holding nothing back.

January 24: I started the week with a cold. Boo. The picture above shows some of the remedies I tried. Fortunately, it didn't last too long.
January 25 : The rain was here for the beginning part of the week, and we got some patches of sun interspersed in it. Here was some morning relief from the rain. I looked out my kitchen window and saw these little water droplets on our tree. So pretty and delicate.

January 26: Got to try a wonderful soup place called "La Bonne" cafe. This incredible guy owns it who does everything himself. Everything. The line gets to be over an hour long. We got there early and avoided the crowds. I had some nice quiet time with my sweet husband. January 27 : This is a cake I made for a dear friend's 40th birthday party. It was big - a 12 incch square on the bottom and a 10 inch one on top. I wasn't going to finish it on this day, but I got news that my momma was doing poorly, so I finished the cake and got on a plane to go see her.

January 28 : This is my sweetie pie nephew. Yes, totally delicious. He is so stinkin' cute, but he's now at a stage where he won't hold still long enough for me to get my fill of kisses. I just have to keep at it. This is in the backyard of my mom's house and I was taking a few moments away from her side so I could take some photos of this cute face. January 29. A poinsettia flower growing in my mom's front yard. Today I had the wonderful opportunity to hold her hand, pray with her, cherish her and let her know how very much she is loved. And I got to do this with many of my family there doing the same.
January 30. This is mom's sunset. The Lord always ALWAYS speaks to me in a special way through sunsets, sunrises and rainbows. On this day, my sweet momma went to be with Him and he showed me this spectacular sunset. I truly believe that the uniqueness of it was the Lord's way of letting me know she is in His arms, that they both love me beyond measure, and that she is at peace. Can you see the cloud in the middle? And how the sun setting makes it look vertical? And how it almost looks like a cross with the other clouds? Amazing. Just beautiful. He didn't need to show me that, but He did. I miss her terribly. TERRIBLY. But I am happy for her and for her new body, and new home and new peace. She deserves the very best and now she has it. January 31- My flight back to Sacramento. The sunset was very different today. It was hazy and dreary on the ground, but when I got up high, right over Catalina, the horizon was bright and beautiful.

Thanks for letting me share these photos with you ..and a little piece of what I've been going through. God bless.


My beautiful Mom, Valerie Menze - 1943-2010

3 comments:

car01 said...

*hugs*. Nothing else to say.

Natalie said...

I am glad you got to spend time with her. I can not imagine losing my mom so I will pray for you. May the Lord comfort you through the days to come.

Diane said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm a bit of a lurker on your blog but not much of a poster. I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. My dad passed away 6 years ago, as we were on our way from Australia to the UK to see him. I'm happy that you had some special time to spend with your mum, I'm sure she noticed.

I will be praying for you - I know that the path of grief is a twisting one - and I hope that you will experience the increasingly great peace of God that is more than we can understand, among the times of sadness.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin