Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kickin' It...NOT!


Hello Sweet Readers~
I know everyone is so busy this time of year, and I am not exempt! There is so much going on, so much to do and so much to see. I love this time of year, though. Relishing in the joy that the season brings because Christ was born and lives still does make me smile amidst all the craziness that the season can also bring. I am so blessed, and I need to take even more time to reflect on that rather than what needs to be done.
So, though I am not "kickin' it" this time of year, I thought I would show you a cake I made. Well, I actually made two of these. One for each of my son's end of the year soccer parties. I was very happy with the way they turned out and many people actually thought that the cake on top was a real soccer ball! It's not. It's a layered cake covered in buttercream and then fondant. I cut out the hexagons and pentagons by hand. It took some time, but I really like the result. I hope you do, too!

Have a sweet rest of your week. Enjoy your blessings, friends :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

WOW! Simply amazing! Yet another gorgeous creation! I'm always so in awe of your creations!

and I LOVE that square cake stand. Is it the martha stewart limited edition stand? i might've bought four of them last week in different sizes... =)

Jennifer said...

Great job! Your soccer ball looks amazing. I bet your son and his friends loved it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin