Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Orange Hazelnut Chocolate Cake




Hello Sweet Readers!

I saw the recipe for this wonder in November and have been dying to make it since. I'm sorry to say that I do not have any pictures of the inside of it, though. It was absolutely stunning. So rich and delicious and decadent! It took forever and a day to make, but I have to say, it was worth it.

The cake was a thin, almost flourless cake that I made, then cut in half. It had delicious chocolate and toasted hazelnuts, along with just a hint of orange. I then put a decadent chocolate mousse between the layers of cake and then again on top. From there, I coated this beauty with chocolate ganache, candied orange peel, toasted hazelnuts and chocolate curls. Delish! So delish. I had more than my fair share.

If you are interested in making it yourself, and have half a day to spare, I got the recipe from Epicurious. It was in a 2005 Bon Appetite issue and is called "My favorite Birthday Cake". It's worth it!!

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin