Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake

Hello Sweet Readers!

I hope your weekend is going well. I had a fun session today watching and learning from a photographer and friend whose work I truly admire. And I got to spend time with my family riding bikes and exploring new places. It was a great day!

I wanted to share these little treasures with you. I subscribe to "Cooks Illustrated" and saw a recipe this month that claimed to be the best chocolate cupcake ever. I was skeptical. I have tried a zillion different recipes and many have been great, but how can you call one the best? Well, I am here to tell you you can!

The author of the article (if you are not familiar with this magazine, it's great. There are no ads and there is an article for each recipe. They test tens, if not hundreds of different variations of the recipe to get the best of the best)...anyhow, the author of this article nailed it. Really, you have got to get it, read the incredibly enlightening article and make these! Hint, you use bread flour. It gives it the PERFECT crumb. Everyone loved these. The frosting was outstanding, too. Oh, and they are filled with ganache before baking. Simply to die for. And aren't they pretty? Deep dark brown and glorious. Yum!

Go make them!!





The Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake




2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh you always know how to make me hungry! These look fantastic. Glad to hear about your great day, can't wait to learn more about your photo session. :)

Raeane said...

I would rather you make them and invite me over to try them! haha!!! They look amazing! ~Raeane =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin