Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 27, 2009

A Funny Looking Mini Carrot Cake

Hi Sweet Readers! Well, here is my kinda cute little mini carrot cake. I decided to top this little cake (at about 4 inches in diameter) with a homemade marzipan carrot that is a) a bit big for the little guy, and b) a little too "looks like you just pulled it out of the dirt" looking...oh well. By the time I got it on there, it was too late to take it off! Next time, I will go easier on the carrot's embellishment and make it look more like a genetically modified carrot than an organic one! LOL!

The cake itself was fabulous, though! The recipe is from Dorie Greenspan's "Baking ..from my home to yours" cookbook (absolutely fabulous cookbook, btw). It was my favorite carrot cake recipe ever! So moist and delicious! Go get that book!
Have a fabulous weekend! The weather is looking great here in Northern California. I have lots to share with you this coming week...been very busy baking :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin