Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shamrocks and a Pot of Gold

So we are getting ready for St. Patrick's Day here in the Smiley household. There is lots to do...make a leprechaun trap, make Guinness cupcakes, irish cream cupcakes, buttercreams, corned beef and cabbage, some hostess gifts and of course, get ready for the leprechaun to visit...

Here is the first installment..gotta start with the cupcakes, right?! These are pistachio irish cream cupcakes with a wee bit of green food coloring and topped with vanilla buttercream (the irish cream buttercream is not going out with this order since little kiddos might eat it). I made fondant shamrocks and a little fondant pot to hold the "gold". The "gold" is buttery, brown sugary coconut cream topped with some gold sugar sparkles. I finished it with some green non pareils and some more gold sugar.

Here are three in a row. Cuz I like these kind of shots. Note that every cupcake is her own unique self. Just like those tricky leprechauns, my cuppies don't ever do exactly what I think they should!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely fun st. pattys cupcakes. I had seen someone do a green velvet and thought it was a great idea. I like the pistachio flavor in there too though! yum!

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing! You certainly go all-out for St. Patty's; are you from an Irish background? My husband is Irish, but isn't much in to the celebrations. I bet he would be with these cupcakes!

Jenelle said...

I love the little pots of gold and the fact that they're pistachio! So creative!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Those are stinkin' adorable!

Kristin said...

Do you have a green light shining on those or are they glowing?? :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin